A Festival of Firegrilled Flatbread
July 7, 2012 Leave a comment
Here’s another one so easy that I can barely call it a recipe.
- Heat up the grill.
- Make a batch of quick thin-crust pizza dough (we were very hungry after a day of creek trekking, so I made a batch and a half).
- Stretch out dough into 2-4 circles. Brush with olive oil. Grill 3-4 minutes/side.
- Cut flatbreads into wedges.
- Serve with toppings, such as:
- Shredded cheese
- Goat cheese crumbles
- Teeny Tiny Taco Topping
- Flavored cream cheese
- Mushrooms in olive oil and thyme
- Black bean spread
- Tomato salad, aka chopped tomatoes with olive oil, minced garlic and fresh basil. I made a batch of this while the dough was resting; my kids dug into it, and then I had to make more while the pizza was on its first side; my kids dug into it, and then I had to make more while the pizza was on its other side; then I put the tomato salad on top of the refrigerator and told the children to go away until dinner was actually served.
- Whatever bits of vegetable and meatless protein you have on hand. This is a great way to use up leftovers.